Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Curse you, Pet Shop Boys!

I have about 15 Pet Shop Boys songs among the 2700 songs on my iPod. But because a disproportionate chunk of those songs begin with "I," I've been hearing a lot of them lately on alphabetical play: "I Wouldn't Normally Do This Kind of Thing," "I'm With Stupid," "Indefinite Leave to Remain," "Integral," and "It's a Sin." Last night, I had a bout of insomnia and only got about 4 hours of sleep. The biggest factor was probably the grande Starbucks I was still sipping at 8:30 (usually, my evening coffee is done by 7:30), but because every time I started to nod off, a thumping Pet Shop Boys song would start rushing by in my head, I blame them. Picture me as Stephen Colbert, profile to the camera, fist shaking in the air, yelling, "Petttt Shoppppp Boyyyysssss!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment