Saturday, October 3, 2009

Summer greenery

I do not have a green thumb, at all! I like looking at pretty flowers--I sound like a little kid, and that's about how I feel when I look at flowers, like they're pretty but let's move on to the next thing--but I can't really take care of them, inside or out. For a brief period after we first moved in here, what with a nice front porch area and a fenced-in back "yard" (too small to really be called a yard without scare quotes), we took a stab at some rudimentary gardening, and when I say "we," I mean that he would initiate the project, but I had to do the watering or pruning. So after a couple of years, we more or less gave up. But near the front porch, Don planted some black-eyed Susans a couple of years ago, and they keep coming back every summer with no help from us--that causes me no end of amazement. Here are pics of them at their peak in August. Now, they're just one more thing to miss about summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment